- I like your wedding dress, aunt Morg. (I was wearing a brightly patterned maxi dress.)
- I'm going to swing on the swings now, but I'll be careful, so everyone calm down.
- Back it up, sister.
- Good morning! Let's get this party started!
- Aunt Morgie, your hair looks bad.
- Aunt Morgie, I like your long hair.
- You be the dragon that's chasing me. I'll save myself, though!
- Come in the moonbounce with me! The age limit is 28. (Me: I'm 33.) I mean, the age limit is 33.
My niece and her curly hair; my nephew and his lopsided smile and his penchant for exclaiming "Yeah!" like he's singing backup for Usher; the way the sun slants across their backyard in Pennsylvania...these are the things that make a weekend worthwhile.